It's no secret that for the preparation of natural coffee, you can use the most ordinary coffee maker or coffee machine, which is now in every third family. But the real ceremony of making coffee takes place on a slow fire in a Turk. And no technique can compare with the delicious taste and unsurpassed aroma that is born in the process of brewing Turkish coffee.
What should be the vessel to learn how to brew coffee in a Turk?
Before you brew natural coffee in a Turk, you need to choose the right shape and material for the Turk. Turks are ceramic, clay, copper. Ceramic ones are quite expensive and, moreover, fragile and short-lived. Clay - suitable only for making coffee of one variety.
Due to the porous structure of the clay, the flavors of subsequent drinks will mix. To brew a truly delicious coffee in a Turk, you should choose the right shape and size of the vessel. The best option is a tapered top and a small amount of Turks (for 1-2 servings).
So, the basic rules for making delicious Turkish coffee at home:
- proper utensils;
- slow fire;
- pure (purified) water;
- high-quality coffee beans (freshly roasted, of the same shape and color);
- proper storage of coffee beans (they should be stored in a tin or glass container with tight-fitting lids).
A few tips to make coffee tasty and fragrant:
- It is better to buy coffee beans in small portions so that they are fresh.
- Grind coffee beans immediately before preparation.
- In no case do not let the coffee boil, otherwise the aroma and value of the drink will disappear.
- The more times you bring the coffee to a boil and remove it from the heat, the thicker and more dense the drink will become.
- If you pour sugar into the bottom of the Turk and heat it carefully until it starts to melt (be careful not to burn it), then you will not only make delicious coffee in the Turk, but also give it an original caramel flavor.
- To make the taste of coffee unique, you can add salt, cinnamon, ground ginger and even hot pepper to it. This will allow the drink to sparkle with new shades of taste.
And here are a few recipes that will tell you how to brew delicious Turkish coffee
Option 1. Sweet coffee.
First, pour sugar into the Turk, pour water, stir and bring the mixture to a boil. The sugar will add flavor to the coffee and make the water softer. Remove the boiled water from the heat and add the crushed coffee beans and mix everything immediately. The result is a thick, fluffy foam. Wait until it settles and you can put the Turk on a slow fire. Do not bring coffee to a boil. It is better to remove the Turk from the heat several times, wait until the foam settles and put it back on and bring to a boil (but do not boil!).
Option 2. Classic coffee.
Pour freshly ground coffee into the Turk (for 50 ml of water, 1 tsp of coffee). Keep in mind that the water will evaporate, so pour water "with a margin". Add cold water and place the cezve on a slow fire. Wait for the liquid to heat up and stir the drink thoroughly once. Until a light foam forms on the surface. When heated, the foam will gradually darken. As soon as you see bubbles around the edges of the cezve, remove it from the heat, wait until it cools down a bit, then heat it up again. And so repeat several times.
Using the tips on how to brew coffee in a Turk, you will definitely get a unique and aromatic drink.
PS If you liked the article, please press the buttons of social networks.